lunedì 12 settembre 2011

Ghostbusters Mania: "Interviews Ghostheads" with Lisa of The Real Tampa Bay Ghostbusters


Ghostbusters Mania is proud to present  N°20 "Interview with Ghosthead" with Lisa of The Real Tampa Bay Ghostbusters


Lisa, tell us a bit about yourself. Who are you? What are you doing? Other hobbies or interests?
I work in the medical field, I am a avid music collector, reader (mainly comedy) or comics ,a massive Chaplin fan, I love a good flea market, prop builder and last but not least a real paranormal investigator.
 
Lisa with Dan Aykroyd
Where did you love for Ghostbusters come from?
 It came from being a fan of the movie when I was a kid. I was really interested in the paranormal growing up and loved the fact that these guys didn't fall victim to it. Not only that but the story had a natural acceptance ghosts. I said it in a interview a few years back with Paranormal Underground magazine "if it wasn't for Ghostbusters and Dan Aykroyd I would have never gotten into investigating the paranormal".


When and why did you start building your GB uniform and equipment?
I started to build mine after Patrick Creel gave me my flight suit for my birthday about a year and a half ago. At that point it was not only my invitation to being a GB and part of the Real Tampa Bay Ghostbusters but the decision to build a pack was a natural next step. After all what can you bust without that?



Lisa and Patrick at the
Sony Pictures Archives
Share this passion with?
Besides my awesome team,  I share this passion with my incredibly amazing boyfriend Patrick.

We see that you've participated in many events. What's been your favorite event so far? And why?
I think my favorite has been Spooktacular, it is a local event in our town but attracts 25000 people over the course of a day. It is so rewarding to see little kids in a store bought GB uniform look up to us and connect with adults that are having just as much fun as they are.


We do a lot of charity work and that makes all the difference in the world with any event that we do. When we raise money to support charities like All Children's hospital it makes this "costume" we wear a uniform for sure. I mean if we're all just walking around in this for no good reason, what's the point? If you are going to draw attention to yourself at least do it for a good cause like helping others.
 
What does the term "Ghosthead" mean to you? Why did you get involved with a "franchise"?
It means walking down the street in San Diego at Comic Con and while Superman or Wonder Woman can walk passed a harden cop and they don't flinch, but when a Ghostbuster does, the cop will say "Who you gonna call?", that is a great feeling, so yes being a ghosthead kicks ass!

What does it mean to you the Tampa Bay Ghostbusters?
Besides charity work or connecting with my community, it is a incredible artistic outlet. Between shooting reference photo's for the comics, building the packs and other equipment it is a chance to be a part of a group of people that are very inventive, creative and passionate.

Plans for the future? Want to make a greeting to all GBFans?
Plans for the future are always best left a surprise....

with Patrick and Michal Gross






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...