lunedì 20 febbraio 2012

Ghostbusters Mania: "Interviews Ghostheads" Piero of the Ghostbusters Italia

Ghostbusters Mania is proud to present  N°5 (2012) "Interview with Ghosthead" with Piero Castiglia of the Ghostbusters  Italia (Translation by Katharina Roland)


Piero, tell us about you. Who are you? What do you do? Do you have other hobbies?
I'm nearly 27 years old, I live since a year and a half in Florence with my beatiful and sweet girlfriend....and, after studying to become a film director and screenwriter, I'm following the way of dubbing, hoping to make my dream come true: to become a dubber. I have many hobbies, including shooting short films and making props. I like cosplay, acting, film editing, and special effects. In addiction to Ghostbusters, I like masterpieces like: Indiana Jones and the last Crusade, Star Wars, Back to the Future, Dances With Wolves, Forrest Gump, Blues Brothers, Die Hard, The last Boy-scout, and many others...
I also like the ones taken from comics : Batman, Green Lantern, the new Marvel Movies and the X-men.
At the end of 2005, seeing Ghostbusters on sale in the shops, I decided to buy it in DVD, in order to “taste” again this mith with which I grew up...
In a little space of time, I began to find my passion again, waking up the kid, inside me. Seeing how difficult it was to find informations in Italian, I decided to open Ghostbusters Italia.



How was the passion for GB born?
Ghostbusters...well, this passion was born when I saw the Real Ghostbusters Cartoon. I was just a child, very young, and I remember that when I used to comeback from the daycare and in the first years of the elementary school, I took for myself those twenty minutes of TV, before starting my homework (which, unfortunately, used to take away my time until midnight...oh, the school of nuns, I would never recommend it! XD)
As I was saying, in those twenty minutes....there used to be only one cartoon that used to “paste” me to that old cathodic tube...The Real Ghostbusters! Cool characters, amazing stories, and seen from a child's eye.
Some time passed, and Christmas came, and that's when I saw on TV Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2 for the first time! I didn't even imagine there used to be a movie of it! Can you imagine, what does it means for a child to see his favourite characters become real, and on Xmas day? It was love at first sight, they were the coolest movies I had ever seen! And when, at school, they used to ask me what I wanted to do as an adult, I used to answer....the Ghostbuster!

Why and when did you start to create your equipment? 
Making my equipment was the next step. I loved to try to make by myself things I used to see in movies, even if a good part of them were made of Lego and cardboard. After watching the movie again and again, I decided to make a nice costume for carnival parties. I began to make some horrible proton packs, that used to look like the original ones only for the adhesives and the lights XD.

Seeing how the things I used to make on my own started to become acceptable, I thought I could make it even better. I wanted to create something as similar as possible...but I had no money and no good skills. So, through the forum, I knew my friend Mirko. Sharing the costs with him, he  created the first proton pack made of resin ever created in Italy. I used to turn it on and off continuously. Then, with some friends of mine, I created my first trap, horrible to look at, too. Some time after, it was replaced with a new movie accurate trap, made from my friend Mario. My equipment started becoming always better, and under request of my friend Enrico, I made a fantastic proton pack with gun, lights, and vibration system!
I was so happy of my work, also because the pieces were easy to assembly, and I didn't have to buy expensive tools.
The time passed and I was able to find the flight suit of the movie, finding it on ebay and guessing my size at the first try!
Now, after all these great satisfactions, I will end it by creating my last prop, with the help of my friend Michele: a proton pack identical to the real ones I saw at Sony and at Planet Hollywood in USA.

Wich has been your favourite event until now and why? 
My favorite events are two: the first was to meet in person al the guys of my forum and make new friends beyond the GB costume. The second, was the event I gave birth to with my friend Max in Rome: we invited the original Italian dubbers of the movie for the so called GBDay!  It's not an easy thing to do at all. The joy to shake the hand with the voices of Egon, Peter (the one of the videogame), Ray and Winston, was a unique experience. Dubbers....really great people, with which I still share a great friendship, and who keep on inspiring me in many things I do and that I will do in the future.

What does it mean to be a Ghosthead?
Let's just say that I am ready to believe in you ! XD

What is Ghostbusters Italia?
Ghostbusters Italia is not an ordinary fan page that was created just for having audience. It' s the most original and complete site in Europe ever made. And, fortunately, it has been built by the greatest fans, creating a really warm community for anyone who lover this saga, going from the cartoons, to the movies, to the videogame, all dubbed by the same dubbers of the movies:  Sergio Di Giulio, Mario Cordova, Renato Cortesi, Michele Gammino, Melina Martello, Massimo Foschi.

Michele Gammino
What projects are you following? And what do you expect from 2012?
As I said before, I dream to become a dubber and I'm studying to become one of them. Some days ago, I shoot a short film about Batman, that I hope will be ready before the one about Indiana Jones I shoot last year. I hope to find a job as soon as possible, because I have to gain a lot of money to follow my passions! :D
For the 2012, I hope Ghostbusters 3 will be finally realized. I want to renovate Ghostbusters Italia, so that the fans will always be satisfied of it, making me help from cute and passionate people.
The last thing, but always important, is to fight against these crazy idiots of the distribution societies in Italy, that are replacing our great dubbers without a good reason. You must know that dubbing is a matter of proud in our country, it's the thing we do best in all the world. That's why I take the chance to report this petition in order to give back to Harrison Ford his original dubber:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ridateci-Michele-Gammino-su-Harrison-Ford/235707206466394
I know that maybe you don't care, but please subscribe it, because it's very important for us all. It's just a click we need :D.

Now, to conclude, do you want to say “hi” to all the fans in the world?
I wish a happy 2012 to all the Ghostbusters fans, and let's cross the fingers for this phantomatic Ghostbusters 3!




Website:  www.gbitalia.it


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...