venerdì 11 maggio 2012

Ghostbusters Mania: "Interviews Ghostheads" Doug of The Mississippi River Valley Ghostbusters



Ghostbusters Mania is proud to present  N°11 (2012) "Interviews Ghostheads" Doug of The Mississippi River Valley Ghostbusters



Doug, tell us about you. Who are you? What do you do? Do you have other hobbies?
Well first off, I'm Doug Meyer and I'm the leader of the Mississippi River Valley Ghostbusters group based in Minnesota. When I'm not busting heads in a spiritual sense of course, I stock shelves full time at a grocery store called Hy-vee, here in the town that I live at. I love watching wrestling and I follow it rather closely. I also cos-play as my favorite wrestler and fellow Ghosthead, Zack Ryder.

How was the passion for GB born?
My love of Ghostbusters actually started because my brother was into it. And like how most younger brothers like to copy their big brothers, I got into it too. He started to get bored with it, but my love continued to grow for it.



Why and when did you start to create your equipment? 
I started my gear as an idea for my work's Halloween contest back in 2007.
It started with a jumpsuit and a Rubies inflatable pack.
Then, after that it took off, and I got better equipment to go with my suit.

We see that you've participated in many events. Which has been your favorite event until now and why?
My favorite event so far that I have participated in has to be the 2011 Wizard World Comic Con held in Chicago. I got to meet new friends like Andy Ries and Vee Laabs from the Wisconsin GB's. I got to hang out with the Ghostbusters: Chicago Division all weekend at their table, raising money for charity. It was a blast.

What does it mean to be a Ghosthead?
Ghostheads are dedicated to the franchise. We may fight over petty things, but we all have a love for this movie/cartoon show. You don't have to be here online to be a ghosthead. I love being in gear and people smile at me because of how much they love the movie. People get excited and it makes me live to gear up.

What does it mean to you Ghostbusters group?
I started this group up here because I want to spread some joy to the area. We are trying to get the group to start doing charity walks and more events to spread the happiness that I feel wearing the gear. We're still open to get more people in gear. You don't really need full gear to join, just a positive attitude to dress up.

What are your plans for 2012?
Right now, my plans are to be going to Cyphan in Chicago to meet and hang out with Ernie Hudson, July 25-27th. Then I'm going to be at Wizard World Chicago, 2 weeks later. Then that next week our group will be walking in the Goodview Days parade for the 2nd year in a row. So its going to be a busy 4 weeks for us, which says, I need to wash my jumpsuit a lot so it doesn't reek. We have nothing yet scheduled after the parade but we may have something planned for Halloween season.

Now, to conclude, do you want to say “hallo” to all the fans in the world?
I just want to say thanks to all the people, who help with all things Ghostbusters. Whether it is the Cross the Streams podcast to the fine folks at Gbfans.com, they deserve all the credit, they get for running awesome things for us. I am also honored to be interviewed for GBMania and Max is one truly awesome dude. As the great Zack Ryder would say "Take Care, Spike Your Hair! Woo Woo Woo, You Know It, Bro!"

Link: http://www.facebook.com/MississippiRiverValleyGBs



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...