mercoledì 27 luglio 2011

Ghostbusters Mania: "Interviews Ghostheads" Maryl-lyn of the Orlando Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters Mania is proud to present 
N°11 "Interview with Ghosthead" 
with Maryl-lyn 
of the Orlando Ghostbusters



Maryl-lyn, tell us a bit about yourself. Who are you? What are you doing? Other hobbies or interests?
I'm Maryl-lyn of the Orlando Ghostbusters. I currently live in Orlando and work at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I enjoy making nerdy jewelry, painting, and prop building.

Where did you love for Ghostbusters come from?
At a very young age (3 or 4) my showed me the old SNL skits then Blues Brothers. After that I was hooked on Dan Aykroyd. When she showed me Ghostbusters 1 & 2 I fell in love and have been ever since.



When and why did you start building your GB uniform and equipment?
I started building GB props because it was something I've wanted to do since I saw the movies. It wasn't until I moved to Orlando and met the OGBs that I was able to make it happen.

We see that you've participated in many events. What's been your favorite event so far? And why?
My favorite event is definitely Wizard Miami with Ernie Hudson. How many groups get to do a panel with a celebrity? It was definitely the coolest thing the OGBs have done. We also got to have lunch with him and get to know him as a person. I will always cherish that weekend.

What does the term "Ghosthead" mean to you? Why did you get involved with a "franchise"?
Ghosthead to me is someone who loves Ghostbusters so much that they spend their free time propping or doing events or anything GB realted. Doesn't matter if your pack is screen accurate or a hunk of plastic. There are a lot of people who love the movie, but not to the extent that us Ghostheads do.









Orlando Ghostbusters 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...