lunedì 21 maggio 2012

Ghostbusters Mania: "Interviews Ghostheads" Jamie of The Ghostbusters Virginia

Ghostbusters Mania is proud to present  N°13 (2012) "Interviews Ghostheads" Jamie of the Ghostbusters Virginia - (Wednesday another interview!)

Jamie, tell us about you. Who are you? What do you do? Do you have other hobbies?
I'm just a homegrown boy from Richmond, VA. I'm a 23 year old aspiring film maker and with that comes a horde of other hobbies such as writting, prop building, editing and effects work, and other media related things. I also like to draw and hope to at the very least just work in some sort of art related field. Including, graphics work.

How was the passion for GB born?
I've loved Ghostbusters for as long as I can remember. Ghostbusters 2 was releases shortly after I was born and was part of modern media pop culture at the time I was being raised, as well as the cartoon series. Somewhere a video tape exists here I'm only 2 years old, wearing the kenner pack and rolling out the pack. Even at that age I'm quoting Ghostbusters 2, 'We be fast and they be slow!' My love has yet to hinder. I've gone to get involved with the prop building and franchising, as well as collecting the comics and matty collectibles. The past fe years have been good ones to be a Ghostbusters fan.



Why and when did you start to create your equipment?
I think I tried to build my first proton pack when I as like, 10. I started with a foam boogie board, some empty 2-liters and some emergency lights. Mounted to some old back pack straps. Needless to say it as aweful. I've build at least 3 other packs since then ranging from materials like cardboard, foamboard, plastics, vaccuform shells, and just recently I recieved my first lefit fiberglass shell. I'm eagerly waiting to get started on it.

We see that you've participated in many events. Wich has been your favourite event until now and why?
My favorite event thus far has to have been the Aykroyd Vodka signing at an Albertsons in California. I was tagging along with the SoCal Ghostbusters at the time but traveled to the event solo. It took me two trollies and a bus to get there, in uniform, carrying the things I'd like signed as well as my video camera.

I got there early and with a few other fans as invited in before the singing started. He posed for pictures and signed the things we had bought with us. Taking time to talk to each person with a certain passion. He was very personable. Here I had the opportunity to hand Mr. Aykroyd a copy of my feature length fan film Ghostbusters: Hellbent as well as get my poster signed. He smiled in satisfaction and replied, 'Good job. Keep that up!' That's all I needed.

The whole thing was sort of dreamy and done before it even started. However, I think I'll always take that experience with me. Meeting the man that not only my favorite movie of all time, but also inspired me to begin perusing film making in the first place.

What does it mean to be a Ghosthead?
Being a ghost head simply means having a general love for one of the greatest films of all time. There truly is nothing else like it. Some of us are a bit more active or obsessed even than others. However, all it really takes is that genuine love, most of which are spawned from childhood. I think that reminds us of something. No matter how old you are, you can always go back to that.

Tell us about your Ghostbusters group?
Ghostbusters Virginia was spawned some time ago by an individyual named Dan Harshman. He's been able to recruit several members over several years, but nothing has never really been stable or set in stone.

Here in Richmond, I've always sort of just thought I was the only one. Soon I was able to get a few friends and my brother in to the films and in to this crazy idea of making our own movie through our production company, White Tiger Filmz. That's really where it all started here. At the films premiere we met Dan and sort of just pushed the idea around of merging the two teams in to a state wide franchise.

We were done with the film and had nothing else to do with the equipment, so figured...why not? Since then the establishment has grown in to so much more, even as far as to aid in a few charity fundraisers. We've aided members are are bringing in new recruits all the time. I have really high hopes for the future of the franchise. It's a fun group.

What are your plans for 2012?
Grow. Do more. I want to continue to be more active. I ant to be involved in twice as many charities and help as many causes as possible. As well as just attend a slew of events and have fun in the process. Because that's what it's about, maintaining the fun aspect of it and making others smile in the process. I like to think of us as the off season santa. Or santa's.

We're all very big fans and generally giving people. We just want to establish ourselves as a legitimate franchise and keep a cork on the paranormal threat

Now, to conclude, do you want to say “hallo” to all the fans in the world?
Ghostbusters fans, and Ghostbusters International franchises. Keep on smiling, stay groovy and report all ghosts. Until next time, see you on the other side.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...