lunedì 23 gennaio 2012

Ghostbusters Mania: "Interviews Ghostheads" Brenton of the Ghostbusters Australia

Ghostbusters Mania is proud to present  N°3 (2012) "Interview with Ghosthead" with Brenton of the Australia Ghostbusters


Brenton, tell us a bit 'you. Who are you? What are you doing? Other hobbies or interests?
Thanks for the chance to have an interview on Ghostbusters Mania! Some of you may know my gbfans screen name of Charlie Richter, which is also the name I have on my flight suit. I’m currently living in the near middle of Australia in a mining town called Kalgoorlie, Where I manufacture mining explosives for the local region and most of the state. Originally from Newcastle on the east coast of Australia, my wife and I moved here almost 5 years ago now. I am just a regular geek, loves cinema, collecting all sorts of cool stuff. When I’m not working I enjoy grabbing a pen and pad and drawing, it’s usually some custom bit of GB gear, or a nasty class 5. Love to sit in front of the TV and get some video game action going on, or if the weather is right head out side and get into the garden. Oh yeah And I collect spors, mould and fungus.



How did your passion for Ghostbusters begin?
Like so many others, I grew up watching the cartoon series. Collecting the toys. I remember I would use our dining table as the firehouse, and the chairs as the upper levels of the Firehouse. Eventually, you lose all the figures and grown up life takes over. But not for long. It would have been around 2003 or 2004 when that concept footage of a futurist Ghostbusters Video Game was leaked online.
My GB interest was on high once again and I found a website called Ghostbusters International. It is there that my GB passion grew it what it is today. From there on I seen The Arizona Ghostbusters doing their charity gigs, and other groups of people making people smile.

I knew I had to give that a go, and get out there. Then I noticed a website that people were using to get all the plans and instructions to actually build Proton Packs and traps and slime blowers and the whole lot! Gbfans.com. I signed up and started on my way to get a full uniform going on.
Fast forward 5 or 6 years and here we are, I’m outfitted with all my Ghostbusting gear, Help create the West Australian Ghostbusters and also looking after the Ghostbusters Australia Facebook page.

Now with all the new Mattel toys and props, The video games, and the talk of a possible third film, Ghostbusters is back our lives in a big way. It’s a great time to be a GhostHead.

We have seen that you have participated in many events. What was your favourite event so far? And why?
The West Australian Ghostbusters have been to a few events now, Mainly a pop culture event called SupaNova. The 2011 Perth Supanova has been my favourite so far, It was great to finally get my Slime Blower out of the Study and into a crowd! The response we get is phenomenal and we can’t wait to do it again this year! Hopefully the more we get out and about the more people we can recruit into the group. Costuming at this level is nothing like it is in the United States, or Europe. Australian teams are slowly popping up with almost one in every state now!


Link: http://www.facebook.com/groups/Ghostbusters.Australia/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...