venerdì 16 novembre 2012

Ghostbusters Mania: "Interviews Ghostheads" Chris of the Greater Manchester Ghostbusters


Ghostbusters Mania is proud to present  N°24 (2012)  "Interviews Ghostheads" Chris of the Greater Manchester Ghostbusters

Chris, tell us about you. Who are you? What do you do? Do you have other hobbies?
I was born in Blackburn Lancashire in 1981. Im married and have a little Slimer, sorry daughter called Ava Leigh and we currently live in Green Haworth. I am currently a Design & Print Manager and have been now for 10 years! I am a Graphic Designer by trade.
I have a passion for Film, Games, Music and Art! When I get the chance I love to draw. I can play piano but I am currently learning to play the guitar. Id like to say I am awesome but that would be a lie! Im getting there, and as a total cliche I am currently learning to play the Ghostbusters theme by Ray Parker Jr.





How was the passion for GB born?
I remember seeing The Ghostbusters film for the first time, I was very young but I remember being completely fascinated by it. My mum said I was transfixed to the tv. I have always been a little strange and loved anything to do with ghosts and the paranormal so the thought of being able to catch them with some of the most amazing kit was just incredible.
As a kid I had all the toys and watched all the cartoons, then I had the real privilege of being able to see GB 2 at the cinema (WOW!). Peter Venkman has always been my favourite and I wear his patch proudly on my uniform.
Other shows came and went like Thundercats and Ninja Turtles but my love for Ghostbusters never died.

Why and when did you start to create your equipment?
Id looked into it for quite some time but never made that push to give it a go. That is until my cousin who is also a huge GB fan and watched all the cartoons and played GB with me as a kid fulfilled a fantasy and bought the Ecto 1 cadillac. How could he have the car and not have the kit! So completely inspired I set out to get the full Ghostbuster arsenal. The rest they say is history.

We see that you've participated in many events. Which has been your favorite event until now and why?
I only completed my equipment about a year ago. So I have done that many events up to date. A special event for the UK Ghostbusters was Knight Con 2012 where we had just turned up in the past but this year we were part o the show. We had a table to exhibit our equipment and also took part in the show, which showcased characters from many different films and tv shows. We were able to meet and greet lots of fans and it turned out to be an amazing day. Plus we were raising money for Breast Cancer so it was all good!
My favourite was probably my most recent the Play Expo which mainly was a video game showcase but we had the best time that day talking to fans and participating in the cosplay parade and at the end of the day we trooped out into a huge shopping centre were we were very well received by the public and people just wanted to meet us and have there picture taken - awesome!

What does it mean to be a Ghosthead?
A Ghosthead! Guess that means your pretty awesome. I think everyone is a Ghosthead in some way as I dont know anyone who doesnt like the Ghostbusters. It always makes people smile when they see us coming!


Tell us about your group / franchise.
When I had finished my Pack and suit I went to an event to support my cousin who was demonstrating the Ecto 1 and there I met two guys who were the Real Ghostbusters! They told me they were part of the UK Ghostbusters. They told me all about the online communities, sent me links and have helped me get more accuracy to my kit and then invited me to join them at my first event in Manchester. I am now part of the UK Ghostbusters and the Greater Manchester Ghostbusters. I have met some amazing people and made some really good friends.
I will take this opportunity to say thanks to them for all there help and letting me be part of an amazing community - you are all Ace!

What are your plans for the future?
Well, in a short time I have noticed the popularity of the Ghostbusters increase rapidly. I am hoping to keep the GB dream alive by attending as many events as possible with my crew and maybe organise a few of my own. I know that hopefully this time next year we will be on a high spreading the word of GHOSTBUSTERS 3! Im sure we are going to have some amazing events promoting that!
Firstly ill say thanks to Ghostbusters Mania for doing an amazing job!
For all my crew - you guys rule and for all the GB Fans around the world we have our 3rd film shooting next year. After all this time we/ you have kept the GB Flame alive - The future is looking superb and I look forward to sharing every minute of it with you all. Thanks!


Link: http://www.facebook.com/groups/GMGBS/


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...