venerdì 30 novembre 2012

"Interviews Ghostheads" Rosanna of the El Paso Ghostbusters


Ghostbusters Mania is proud to present  N°26 (2012)  "Interviews Ghostheads" Rosanna of  the El Paso Ghostbusters

Rosanna, tell us about you. Who are you? What do you do? Do you have other hobbies?
Well, I’m 26 and the mother of three little GB girls. Outside of being PR for the El Paso Ghostbusters, I’m a Photo Lab Tech and Game Advisor for GameStop. My hobbies besides being a Ghostbuster are playing video games, charity work, welding, working on cars, hanging out with friends, collecting action figures, and much more… You can say I’m a very sporadic person when it comes to hobbies.





How was the passion for GB born?
I was lucky enough to have grown up around my uncle and grandmother who are huge paranormal /sci fi movie geeks who exposed me to the films and cartoons. Like most fans my passion was formed at a young age and progressed into my adulthood. Now here I am age 26 dressing up as a Ghostbuster alongside my daughters.

Why and when did you start to create your equipment?
Around 2005, I was net surfing when I came across a proton pack on YouTube, my heart sank and I swore one day I would have one! Halloween night of 2011 my daughters and I walked down the street on a mission to get yummy candy as most trick- or- treaters do, but to our surprise the most awesome treat was coming across a Scion decked out in Gb decals, basically a modern day Ecto-1.

We of course took photos of it and totally did not touch the car (I swear Joe). So, months pass and because I was too shy to randomly ask my neighbor why his car was decked out I did a Google search and found out about The El Paso Ghostbusters. Months passed and I proved myself as a worthy Ghostbuster my daughters and I jumped on board and the rest is history.

What does it mean to be a Ghosthead?
Being a Ghosthead in my opinion is all about dedicated fandom. It’s easy for anyone to go online and purchase a screen accurate pack and a bunch of merchandise and claim to be the biggest Ghosthead of all. It’s beyond merchandise and gearing up it’s about passion and dedication as a Ghostbuster fan that makes you a Ghosthead.

Tell us about your group / franchise.
At first the El Paso Ghostbusters was a group of fellow fans who got together randomly to talk about Ghostbusters related things or attend small events. Later when I joined the group our leader asked me to help him coordinate more events and implement charity into the mix. Since then we have helped out many shelters and organizations in our area as well as families with terminally ill children. While it’s been a tough road getting to where we are, we can’t help but be proud of all we have accomplished and couldn’t have done it without our fans. We might not be saving the world or doing something extreme in the world’s eyes but in our hearts each and every time we help someone or see the smiles we bring to people’s faces it makes us feel amazing. I’m proud to be an El Paso Ghostbuster.

We see that you've participated in many events. Which has been your favorite event until now and why?
Every event I have attended hold their own special place with me, but honestly the ones that make me smile the hardest are the ones I know that we are making a difference and created a new Ghostbuster fan or fans in the process. It feels amazing to know that just by dressing up as a Gb we are not only helping Ghostbusters live on but making a positive impact in people’s lives.

Plans for the future? Want to say Hello to all the GB Fans in the world?
My personal plan is to keep doing this as long as I can. It’s honestly one of the coolest things I have ever done in my life and it makes my daughters happy.


As far as the El Paso Ghostbusters, we have so many plans for the future more events and more fun to come. Stay tuned!

To all the Ghostbusters fans around the world, hello and thank you for keeping Ghostbusters alive. It’s been a privilege to have met so many of you recently via facebook, in person and other outlets.

Thank you, Ghostbusters Mania, for asking me for this interview it feels amazing knowing I caught your attention. Keep up the amazing work!

Link: http://www.facebook.com/TheElPasoGhostbusters



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...