martedì 28 giugno 2011

Ghostbusters Mania: "Interviews Ghostheads" Paul of the Ghostbusters Philadelphia

Ghostbusters Mania is proud to present N°6 "Interview
with Ghosthead" with Paul of Ghostbusters Philadelphia.

Tell us a bit 'you. Who are you? What are you 
doing? Other hobbies or interests?


Well my name is Paul Poole. I'm born and raised in the suburbs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I've lived all over the east coast.
My "straight" job would be cheese monger. I work full time cutting and preparing imported specialty cheeses for a large grocery store chain.
My wife Dawn shares my passion, has her own uniform and proton pack and is also a member out the Philly team. We're expecting our first child, a boy, August 31st.
My other hobbies include collecting various other movie and super hero props and collectibles.

How does this passion for Ghostbusters?


Well I was 8 years old in 1984...the perfect age to be sucked into Ghostbusters. My mother had recorded it off of HBO and every day after school I would watch the movie until I eventually wore out the tape. I'd say my three big nerd passions are Ghostbusters, Superman, and all things paranormal (UFO's, Ghosts, Bigfoot, etc). The Ghostbusters are heroes who battle the paranormal. It must have just clicked for 8 year old Paul.

When and why did you start building your uniform GB and the equipment and props?

Well I began building my uniform and props in the summer of 2009. My wife and I were getting married on Halloween, and everyone was to be costumed. I always make elaborate costumes each year, and since this was such a special occasion, I went all out and began the Ghostbusters uniform and pack. Yes..on October 31st of that year I was married in full uniform and gear.
The first time I put the gear on after I finished it was to meet Dan Aykroyd at a signing. I was nervous as I didn't know any other GB's then. I drove to Maryland..was a big hit, and ended up on national TV on a tabloid show called TMZ. Friends were calling me saying, "I just saw you dressed as a Ghostbuster on TV..talking to Dan Aykroyd!" It was great!

We have seen that you have participated in many events. What is was your favorite event so far? And why?


Well the Philly Ghostbusters has changed my life. We have so much fun,and our group has a heavy emphasis on charity. in 2010 we raised over $8,000.00 for the MS Society and Autism Speaks. I share leadership duties with Nate Paro and Ed Hartman and picking one event would be hard. I'd have to say just walking around Philly last summer collecting donations for Autism Speaks meant the most to me. We had so many heartfelt thanks from people touched by Autism that it was impossible not to be touched as well.

What does this mean for you to be a Ghosthead? And what makes your franciasing?



For me, being a Ghosthead is nice, but being a Philadelphia Ghostbuster is something that just takes my life and puts a shine on it. Anyone can be a fan...some can be super fans, but to take that fandom and do so much to help your community...that's special indeed. People follow us on Facebook. We met the mayor. We've met Dan Aykroyd (twice) , Ernie Hudson (3 times!), and to have so many regular hardworking folks get excited to see you, take your picture, and then learn why we're dressed up as Ghostbusters...to help others. Well...who wouldn't be proud to be a part of that?




Ghostbusters Philadelphia 
http://www.edfx.com/philadelphiaghostbusters
https://www.facebook.com/philadelphiaghostbusters




Next Friday Interview # 7 with Russ of the Greater Manchester Ghostbusters


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...