domenica 10 luglio 2011

Ghostbusters Mania "Interview with Ghosthead" with Thomas from the German Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters Mania is proud to present N°9 "Interview
with Ghosthead" with Thomas from the German Ghostbusters.

Congratulations to Thomas's great passion.

Thomas, tell us a bit about you. Who are you? What are you doing? Other hobbies or interests?
Hi. I´m 31 years and i work in a hardware store (homeworker-market). I collect the Ghostbusters Toyline and also Masters of the Universe Figures and the He-Man Toyline, Knight Rider Merchandise,Star Trek, DVDs, Minerals.
Since 1999 i´m a Masters of the Universe Custom-Figure builder and my first MotU Costume was Dragstor in 2002 and the 2nd Costume Stonedar in 2004



How does this passion for Ghostbusters?
In my childhood first there was He-Man, then Knight Rider, some years later the Real Ghostbusters TV-Series was one of my favorite shows and I collected some Action Figures.
Then,1992 came Star Trek and the Ghostbusters doesn´t interessting my any more. 1998 I began to collect the complete Masters of the Universe and He-Man Toyline.
2001 i found my old GB-Figures at the attic and i also began to collect them again.



When and why did you start building your uniform GB and the equipment and props?
2007 a friend told my, he want to go with some friends to carnival at Mainz/Germany. They were three guys and he asked my to be the 4th member. I said: " Cool, I ever wanted to build the Proton-Packs..." So I walked to the dumpster on the yard of my employer and rummaged around. I found 4 old electric dehumidifier and caps of old chimney-vacuumcleaners and other old parts of machines. This were the fist parts of my first four, very simple, Protonpacks.
My old Car an Opel Astra, was pimped to my first Ecto-Mobile.

At the Carnival it was so cool. So many people wanted to have a photo with the Ghostbusters.
So i thought: "hmm... this year is also Halloween". And we Halloween went to an Irish Pub and got the 1st place of the costume-contest.
This evening was also so funny. And I began to plan some updates on my simple Equipment. I colored the Uniforms grey and brown.

2008 we were back on the Carnival in Brunswick/Germany and it hits the people like a bomb. Everybody sung the song "...Ghostbusters...dadadadada..."
But the people asked: hey, where is Slimer and the Stay Puft Marshmallowman?

After this Carnival I began to build my Marshmallowman-Costume and searched for teammembers they looked like the real ghostbusters. My target was to got the Real Ghostbusters as first Live-Action-Group. -The most Fans are building the Movie-Equipment- The first I found was Alexander who became Egon Spengler. He had a friend, Björn, he became to Ray Stantz.
Halloween 2008 we went with the Marshmallowman to a Family-Park called Heide-Park Soltau. But only as guests. There was a costume-contest and we got the first place (how wonder)
This was the first day of the German-Ghostbusters.

In Spring 2009 we were back in Brunswick on the Carnival, with the Stay Puft-Man. The City-Police was so excited, they wanted to have a photo with their team and the Ghostbusters.
In Summer 2009 a workmate of mine wanted to be a member of my group. He wants to wear the Marshmallowman. But he looked like the Videogame Rookie. So Adrian got the part of the Rookie Luke Ryan. I built a Mini-Slimeblower at his Protonpack.
He also had a friend who looked like Eduardo of the XGB. So I built him a XGB-Pack. Jonas became Eduardo. He had a girlfriend on an internet-community: Ramona became Kylie Griffin. in 2010. Her friend Alissa wanted to be a member in 2011. She became our 2nd Rookie, like the Nintendo Wii Version of the Videogame. This character has no name so I choosed Reitman as second name, like Ivan Reitman

We have seen that you have participated in many events. What is was your favorite event so far? And why?
My favorite Event was 2009 at the Heide-Park, because we had a new Ecto-1 and the Fright Feature Uniforms looked so good.
The 2nd Event was this year. We met Ernie Hudson and he was so funny. He praised my Props and he loved the Marshmallow-Man.


What does this mean for you to be a Ghosthead? And what makes your franchising
It is alwas a great recognition when people sing the GB Song, the children smile when they see the Marshmallowman. The Ghostbusters are always a big guarantee for good mood.
I hope we all can see a GB 3-Movie. My team on the movie-premiere in Berlin... this would be so cool.

Plans for the future:
At this time i´m building Kenny Fendermans Protonpack from the Real Ghostbusters TV-Show and the Ecto-Headphones. We got a new member as Louis Tully and we need a new Janine Melnitz. Also we search for someone who wants to be Roland Jackson, Kenny Fenderman and Norman Dweeb.

So don´t cross the streams!
Your 1st German Ghostbuster Thomas Nelson aka Peter Venkman




German Ghostbusters
http://german-ghostbusters.de



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...