venerdì 16 settembre 2011

Ghostbusters Mania: "Interviews Ghostheads" Chris of The Real Long Island Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters Mania is proud to present  N°21 "Interview with Ghosthead" with Chris  of The Real Long Island Ghostbusters


Chris, tell us a bit about yourself. Who are you? What are you doing? Other hobbies or interests?
I am a HUGE nerd. I love Star Trek, comic books and all that junk and of course more importantly, Ghostbusters.

Where did you love for Ghostbusters come from?
My love of Ghostbusters came from when the cartoons first aired in 1986. My brother, Dimitri Haritos and I would play Ghostbusters all the time, especially during thunder storms. We originally thought that the movies were made after the cartoons.



When and why did you start building your GB uniform and equipment?
I started getting into Ghostbusters hard core on October 10, 2003. The 1st prop build was the Ecto Van and that was our 1st night out in the public as Ghostbusters. I was quite surprised to see how well received we were.When attending a convention on Long Island my brother Dimitri, my friend Steve Carabello and I were hired to work for a haunted house that attended the con. They asked us if we had all the props and would not hire us unless we did. So we lied and said yes. We built the packs and all that just before opening night at the haunted house and has continued on to today. We continue to build props and uniforms from our childhood fantasies of being real life Ghostbusters, the movies and the cartoons.

We see that you drive a ECTO-mobile. How does it feel?
Driving an Ecto-Mobile is amazing, every time feels like the 1st time. I love seeing everyone's reactions and expressions when I drive by.

We see that you've participated in many events. What's been your favorite event so far? And why?
Hands down, this year's Dragoncon was the best. I have never been to it and it will now be an annual event for us.

What does the term "Ghosthead" mean to you? Why did you get involved with a "franchise"? 
The term Ghosthead is the hardcore love of the fandom and also is that infamous scene with Dan Aykroyd.

What does it mean to you The Real Long Island Ghostbusters?
The Real Long Island Ghostbusters is an outlet for us to share the happiness and enjoyment that the Ghostbusters bring to us with others in our community.

A message to most of the Ghostbusters fans, we all love the same thing so everyone should stop trying to act like Peter Venkman and love it like Ray Stantz, YOU know what I mean...

Now as far as the future is concerned, I would like for my future children that I plan on having with my beautiful wife to be Dana Montano to enjoy the Ghostbusters as much as I do.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...