domenica 15 gennaio 2012

Ghostbusters Mania: "Interviews Ghostheads" Nike of the Dallas Ghostbusters



Ghostbusters Mania is proud to present  N°2 (2012) "Interview with Ghosthead" with Nickof the Dallas Ghostbusters




Nick, Tell us a bit about you. Who are you? What are you doing? What are your other hobbies and interests?
First of all let me say that it's an honor to be interviewed for Ghostbusters Mania. Although I've only been an "official" franchise member for a few months now, I've been associated with The Dallas Ghostbusters for the past four years or so. My current interests include creating artwork and various forms of fan fiction for both my franchise and the Ghostbusters universe in general. I'm also a dedicated father to a beautiful 7 year old autistic daughter. She is very much like her daddy and shares his love for Ghostbusters. Besides GB, I'm also a huge fan of Back to the Future, Star Trek TOS, Star Wars, Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles, 80s Horror films, and the list goes on and on. Basically, anything that has inspired me can be traced back to television or cinema. Those are the roots of my many passions.

Where does your passion for Ghostbusters come from?
I remember the films and the cartoon having a huge impact on me when I was a kid. I had lots and lots of Ghostbusters toys. I had all the equipment, figures, playsets, vehicles, plushes, you name it, I probably had it. Sadly these treasured collectibles were all lost over time as I grew older. It wasn't until I had first discovered Ghostbusters International in 2008 that my interest in Ghostbusters was reignighted.



When and why did you start building your GB uniform, equipment and props?
Within months after first discovering the GB web community I was already putting together my uniform. My mind was completely blown by the fact that there were actual franchises with uniforms and equipment and that I could actually be a part of it all. It was a childhood dream come true. My very first prop builds were my belt gizmo made from an original Game Boy circuit board, and my Ecto Goggles built from welding goggles and various Home Depot parts.

We have seen that you have participated in several events. What was your favorite event so far and why?
I would have to say for now that my favorite event would have to be the midnight release of Ghostbusters: The Video Game in Lewisville, TX in 2009. The screen used Ecto-1 was there and I actually got to touch it. It was an amazing experience to say the least.

What does it mean for you to be a Ghosthead?
To me it means expressing my passion for one of the many things that has impacted my life in a positive way, and sharing that passion through my own creativity.

What makes your franchise unique?
We are a team of talented and dedicated individuals determined to rise above the negativity of others and bring this franchise to new heights. We all have our own franchise related projects we are working on. I myself am working on bringing to life a comic/short story series featuring our franchise and artwork by me inspired by Dapper Dan Schoening.

What are your plans for 2012?
I hope to begin construction on what will be my very first proton pack! It is my rite or passage as a Ghostbuster, after all. Thanks so much for this interview again, and remember... We're the best, We're the beautiful, We're the ONLY Dallas Ghostbusters!

Link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dallas-Ghostbusters/106975132672389


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...