giovedì 8 settembre 2011

Ghostbusters Mania: "Interviews Ghostheads" Dana the of The Long Island Ghostbusters


Ghostbusters Mania is proud to present  N°19 "Interview with Ghosthead" with Dana of The Long Island Ghostbsters

Dana, tell us a bit about yourself. Who are you? What are you doing? Other hobbies or interests?
Hello fellow Ghostbusters. Yes, My real name is Dana, Montano that is. I am 28 years old and about to marry Christopher Haritos also of The Long Island Ghostbusters, which is how I came into this realm of fandom.

Where did you love for Ghostbusters come from?
Before my life as a Ghostbuster, I was a musician in a few metal bands here on Long Island but soon grew tired of that scene. I guess you can say that my love for Ghostubsters came out when I started talking to Chris at work and when he wrote down his phone number on a piece of paper, instead of writing his name he wrote "Who ya gonna call?" and then his number. I still have that piece of paper. I have always loved the films and had my own GB toys growing up.



When and why did you start building your GB uniform and equipment?
I started with the group about a year and a half ago and searched online for a Dickies dress and had the patches done like the other guys so we'd match. I do have other uniforms in the works. I am actually going to start building a modified slime thrower out of styrene with some help from Chris of course, although I am pretty handy with a drill and a paint brush.

What does the term "Ghosthead" mean to you? Why did you get involved with a "franchise"? 
If I were to define the term "Ghosthead" I would say that it would be like the term "Gearhead" to a mechanic or "Bookworm" to someone who likes to read, it's someone who is very passionate about what they do and in this case, it's being a real life Ghostbuster. The reason I have been so involved with this franchise is that I love to entertain and I also enjoy helping others.

What does it mean to you The Real Long Island Ghostbusters?
I like to see people's reactions to us and the car whether they know who The Ghostbusters are or not. I have been doing charity work since I was a kid so this has become somewhat of an outlet for me to help other people and causes.

Plans for the future? Want to make a greeting to all GBFans?
As far as the future goes, does anyone have and ecto that we can turn into a limo for the wedding? And for all you fellow GB Fans please remember that being a fan of Ghostbusters isn't a contest of who has the better gear, uniforms, or ecto and that we all have the same goals and passions.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...